16 June 2010

Getting Started

It's always hard to know where to begin a project like this, which is probably why so many of us begin with similar musings. I guess the best place to begin is to say something about myself and state what my goal in creating this blog is.

As one can probably guess from the title of the blog, I intend to write about the field of LDS education. When I refer to LDS education, I am referring to education geared in one way or another toward members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have followed developments in LDS education, especially higher education, for most of my life. One might guess from this that I was raised a Mormon (and you'd guess correctly). I love the Church and I love the Church schools. I am a proud graduate of BYU, and I am grateful for all of the LDS educational opportunities that already exist. I hope more will become available in the near future, and I am especially interested in furthering those opportunities for members of the Church who do not live in the United States.

As for what I hope this blog to do, I hope to gather some information about LDS education in one place to promote deeper awareness of what's going on and interest in furthering the movement. Some of my posts will focus on the theory or doctrine behind an LDS education. Others may look at its historical development. Finally in others I hope to include regular updates on schools and programs in operation today. While my focus will be on higher education, I hope to also include some information about primary and secondary education.

I believe robust discussion is healthy, and I invite comments, but I do ask that they be respectful. I also ask for your patience. This is my first attempt at a blog, and I really don't know what I'm doing, so wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment